December 2, 2015
Dear MSAD #51 Families,
It's that time of year again: SNOW.
With snow comes the possibility of school cancelations and delays. Below is information to assist you as we enter the winter months.
1. Cancelations and delays are based on general road conditions in Cumberland and North Yarmouth and the ability to safely run buses, clear school access roads, and plow sidewalks. Cancelations and delays may also be based on forecasted conditions.
2. Whenever possible, school will be delayed by two (2) hours if it is safe to do so, as opposed to completely canceling the day. Below is the start time schedule if there is a two hour delay:
Grades 9-12: 9:30 am
Grades 6-8: 9:33 am
Grades K-5: 10:30 am
3. For two hour delays, buses will arrive at bus stops two hours later than normal. For example, if a student normally is at the bus stop at 7:45 am, then they should be at their bus stop by 9:45 am on these days.
4. Communication regarding cancelations and delays will be relayed via:
- District web site: http://www.msad51.org/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SuperMSAD51
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/msad51/
- TV Stations: WCSH 6, WMTW 8, WGME 13
- Radio Stations: WGAN 560 AM, WMGX 93.1 FM, WPOR 101.9 FM, WYNZ 100.9 FM
5. If school is canceled for the day, all after-school programs, activities, and athletic events are automatically canceled unless the district specifically communicates otherwise.
6. There may be times when school is in session, but the weather worsens throughout the day, causing the district to cancel all after-school programs, activities, and athletic events. Communication on these occasions will be via announcements in schools, web site, Twitter, and Facebook.
Superintendent of Schools